- 1). Raise and support your Geo Tracker at the frame with safety stands, then use a transmission jack or equivalent to lift the rear axle and take the tension off the leaf springs. Remove the wheel nearest the spring you intend to replace.
- 2). Disconnect the shock absorber bottom bolt and unbolt the U-bolts holding the spring plate in place. Set the bolts, their nuts and the spring plate aside.
- 3). Loosen and remove the bolts securing the spring bush and the inner and outer spring shackle plates. You'll need to remove the shackle plates from the frame in order to extract the spring.
- 4). Extract the old leaf spring carefully from your vehicle, then position a new one in place. Replace the bolt securing the spring bush and reinstall the spring shackle to the shackle plates and bolt the shackle plates in place on the frame again.
- 5). Use the jack to line the rear axle up so that you can refasten the U-bolts and spring plate in place, then reconnect the shock absorber bottom connector. Tighten the spring hardware loosely until you've lowered the vehicle. Reinstall the rear wheels and lower your vehicle to the ground, then tighten the spring mounting hardware.